“In this, you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honour at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”
(1 Peter 1:6–7 ESV)
Peter is not afraid of talking about suffering.
Peter is not afraid of talking about grief
Peter is not afraid of talking about trials, been tested, being challenged
This is why we find so much comfort in the Word of God because it speaks about real issues that we are facing every day and now this is so relevant!
I want to say three things about these verses so that we can:
1. Our Faith has value
2. Our faith leads to Praise, Glory and Honour
3. Our faith leads to Encounter with Jesus
First. Our faith has value
* Our faith in Christ is tangible, it is precious and its value is higher than God.
* Our faith just like God is purified, refined by Fire!
* Fire has the ability to burn, to destroy but also has the ability to purify, it gets rid off of impurities.
* The value of our faith is eternal it will never lose its value.
“our suffering, trials, momentary troubles are ways by which even though it is hard to see, they make us stronger and our faith grows.
Second. Our faith leads to Praise, Glory and Honour
* Do you believe that Jesus delights in you?
* If you do, then, you will know that to bring Praise, Glory and Honour to him is to join within his delight in his Joy.
* So the tested genuineness of our Faith in Christ is joining with him is Praise, Glory and Honour.
Third. Our Faith leads us to encounter Jesus
* Faith in Christ is an invitation to the Spirit of Jesus to be revealed
* Faith in Christ means that His Presence becomes tangible
* Faith growths when we are tested by fire and it is an invitation to get closer and closer to Jesus.
Have Hope and
Dario is a husband, father, pastor and passionate pursuer of Jesus and His Kingdom. He is a Pastor, loyal friend, and walks the walk when it comes to being a carrier of God’s presence. He expects things to happen when he prays for people. He loves having fun and eating olives (preferably at the same time).