This morning during our English Class in Duncairn Arts Centre a dear friend and I were chatting about ministry. As we talked I saw a young woman waking across the cafeteria, she was limping badly, my friend said to me that she is the cleaner. My eyes were fixed on her and I felt a lot of compassion for her.
Are you going to pray for her? My friend asked! I did not say a word but I think my face said it all.
Yes! I said
I was imagining her encountering the Father’s Love through a simple prayer.
But then she left!
Then she came back into the cafeteria to get a bottle of water and I stood up and walked across the room. I asked her if I can pray for her, she was in a lot of pain – She said yes
So here are some basic things you may do and say when are praying for someone:
- Interview, ask where is the pain and how strong it is.
- Ask if you can place your hand on the part of the body that is being afflicted, do this only if it is appropriate, if you can’t don’t do it!
- Pray a short prayer of healing, commanding the pain to leave and for the body to get well, do it in Jesus’ name.
- Ask if the pain has gone, if not pray again.
- Ask them to do something that they could not do before to see if there is an evidence of healing and improvement.
- Make sure that you declare the love of Jesus as you pray.
- Give thanks to God, whether they are healed or not.
This morning it was bit interesting as her pain was on her groin so I asked her to put her hand gently where the pain was and I prayed.
I prayed that she will encounter the Love of the Father and I commanded the pain to leave. At first nothing happened so I prayed again.
Her pain left and she felt much better, she got her water bottle and left the cafeteria with a smile on her face and hardly limping.
Why was my friend able to read my mind? Because I cannot help to think that God may encounter people with his love through a miracle, through healing prayers, through an act of faith!
It only took a walk across the room, a smile and a prayer.
Dario is a husband, father, pastor and passionate pursuer of Jesus and His Kingdom. He is a Pastor, loyal friend, and walks the walk when it comes to being a carrier of God’s presence. He expects things to happen when he prays for people. He loves having fun and eating olives (preferably at the same time).